Orthodontic treatment? Almost everyone has heard of it and most of the patients think that it is an expensive way of straightening your teeth.
But is it only that? The orthodontists go through a series of post-graduate training programs that give them the ability not only to arrange the teeth but to improve the facial aesthetics and the function of the temporomandibular joint. Sometimes they are the main specialists that may help you resolve a pain in the head, neck or facial region. The main benefits of orthodontic treatment may be grouped as follows:
- Improved overall facial aesthetics.
- Improved self-confidence.
- Improved teeth cleaning.
- Lowers the risk of periodontal diseases.
- Lowers the risk of tooth decay.
- Improves the function of the temporomandibular joint.